Y3 Poplar Class 2022 - 2023
Y3 Poplar Class Teacher
Data and Assessment Lead
Pupil Premium Lead
Welcome to our class webpage. Hopefully, this will be an exciting little portal that will give you an insight into what life is like in Year 3 Poplar. Have a peep inside and see some of the exciting and amazing things we are doing in our class this year. We look forward to sharing with you our exciting learning adventures and letting you have a peek at our amazing work and the fun that we are having in class! Keep checking back to see more wonderful things as the year progresses and check out our twitter posts below to see what we have been up to daily!
- We are now using Mirodo to set home learning (https://app.mirodoeducation.com/login). It will go live every Friday and needs to be completed, at the latest, by the following Thursday. Your child will be given a homework book to take, and leave, at home should they wish to take any notes of the learning. Paper copies of the homework will not be given this year. If there are any problems with homework, speak to any of our Year 3 team who will be happy to help.
- Your child needs their reading book in school every day! Reading at home is one of the most important things you can do to support your child with their learning. We expect them to read at least three times a week at home with a grown up. We have an amazing selection of books in our classroom that your child can choose to take home with them (please return these though). Your child will be given a reading record that you will be able to fill in, take a picture of and upload to ClassDojo
- Children should be encouraged to use TTRockstars at home. The children know their usernames and passwords. Help our class to win extra points by logging on at home!
- Your child should know all their times tables by the time they get to Year 5! Keep practicing at home to make sure they don't forget. This year, we will be practicing the 3, 4 and 8 times table alongside consolidating the 2, 5 and 10 times tables learnt in Year 2.
- P.E. will be every Wednesday and will be outside for the time being. Make sure your child has the correct P.E. kit (white t-shirt, black shorts/ jogging bottoms/ leggings and pumps or trainers). If possible, please leave P.E. kits in school for the half term, as we may do extra P.E. sessions during the week.
- Please remember to greet your child at the end of the day and try to refrain from using your mobile phones on the school premises – thank you.