Y3 Poplar Class 2020 - 2021
Y3 Poplar Class Teacher
Year 3 Poplar
Mr. McClafferty, Miss. Hackney and Mrs. Barrow
Welcome to Poplar's Class Webpage
Welcome to our new webpage. Hopefully, this will be an exciting little portal that will give you an insight into what life is like in Year3 Poplar. Have a peep inside and see some of the exciting and amazing things we are doing in our class this year. We look forward to sharing with you our exciting learning adventures and letting you have a peek at our amazing work and the fun that we are having in class! Keep checking back to see more wonderful things as the year progresses and check out our twitter posts below to see what we have been up to daily!
- Homework is a little bit different this year, as it will be accessed via ClassDojo. It will go live every Friday and needs to be submitted, at the latest, by the following Wednesday. Your child will be given a homework book to take, and leave, at home should they wish to complete a paper copy of it - a photo can then be taken of the relevant areas. If there are any problems with homework, speak to any of our Year 3 team who will be happy to help.
- Your child needs their reading book in school every day! Reading at home is one of the most important things you can do to support your child with their learning. We expect them to read at least three times a week at home with a grown up. We have an amazing selection of books in our classroom that your child can choose to take home with them (please return these though). Your child will be given a reading record that you will be able to fill in, take a picture of and upload to ClassDojo
- Children should be encouraged to use Mathletics, ReadTheory and Spelling Shed at home. The children know their usernames and passwords. Help our class to win extra points by logging on at home!
- Your child should know all their times tables by the time they get to Year5! Keep practicing at home to make sure they don't forget. This year, we will be practicing the 3, 4 and 8 times table alongside consolidating the 2, 5 and 10 times tables learnt in Year 2.
- P.E. will be every Wednesday and will be outside for the time being. Make sure your child has the correct P.E. kit (white t-shirt, black shorts/ jogging bottoms/ leggings and pumps or trainers). If possible, please leave P.E. kits in school for the half term, as we may do extra P.E. sessions during the week.
- During the Summer Term, we will also be going swimming - more information to follow.
- The children will be taking part in weekly Gospel choir lessons; there are a number of fantastic performances to look forward to throughout the year!
- Please remember to greet your child at the end of the day and try to refrain from using your mobile phones on the school premises – thank you.
We are always available at the end of the day or are on the end of a phone if you need us! We look forward to seeing the amazing steps that all the children will take as we continue through the year!
Y3 Poplar Class: News items
There are no News items to display
Y3 Poplar Class: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Y3 Poplar Class: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Y3 Poplar Class: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display