By having a Meadowside School Council, children:
- Enjoy and feel empowered by their education;
- Feel that school responds to their needs and views;
- Have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them;
- Have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place;
- Develop active life skills through participation and leadership;
- Actively participate in the British value of democracy.
School Council works because of:
TEAMWORK – We all work as part of a team
COMMUNICATION – Between children and children, and adults and children, good communication allows for good listening which enables everyone to be heard.
DEDICATION – Every School Council member is committed to the role – to be the voice of all.
LEADERSHIP – Developing the skills of leadership, allowing anyone to make a difference within school.
CHILDREN’S VOICE – School Council represent the voice of all children
SUPPORT – School Council are available and open to offer support to children across the whole school.